Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for a Property Management Accountant / Project Accountant
in Charlotte, NC.
Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Review pay application package from general contractor/consultant's invoices and initiate the payment process in Nexus Payables and route for approvals
- Assist in setting up executed contracts in Yardi and monitor the progress payments
- Track payments against contracts, track lien releases and communicate with project managers and general contractor to resolve payment issues.
- Compile and assemble draw funding requests for construction/development loans and coordinate with development accounting team at corporate to commit payments to make sure all related checks and wires, ACH are released accordingly.
- Attend general contractor pencil draw meetings and paying key attention to the schedules and the percentage completed and the pay application in general.
- Maintain the master list of construction loans on assigned projects and report monthly to the Development accounting group and the Development VP and Principal in necessary
- Work with development accounting group to perform a job cost month-end reconciliation including the retention accounts related to the projects assigned
- Communicate and follow-up on construction/development activities, results, and pending issues with the development team and the development accounting team
- Perform month-end processes and procedures as assigned
- Keeping log of the conditional and the unconditional waivers for the assigned projects and communicate the project VP and accounting manager.
- Compiling the monthly requisition to track total construction cost for the assigned project and working with the project coordinators to track and reconcile the project requisition spread sheet periodically
- Processing construction invoices in Nexus Payable and submit for approval and follow up to make sure they are approved and paid.
- Coordinate monthly project team meetings
- Track all unpaid invoices in Yardi and nexus payable and following up on the status if necessary
- Work with CIM Development team especially the project coordinators and help manage the day to day construction administration related issues and report to the both the development VP and the Construction accounting manager if necessary.
- Work with construction accounting team to calculate the development fee and make sure it is prepared the paid to CIM group monthly
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Jordan Schilit with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field with experience in construction projects of equivalent
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and applying basic accounting concepts and principles
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- General understanding of construction accounting processes and procedures and construction development processes
- Experience with Yardi or related accounting/AP software
skills: Account Reconciliation, Yardi
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.