job summary: We are currently Hiring Now For a Remote Copy Editor. Must live in the Los Angeles area. Phone Interviews Only!
This role position requires strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced production environment needed.
Candidates must have professional presentation and communication skills. Experience working within a corporate environment is required.
Requires a self-starter who can deal well with ambiguity and demonstrates initiative by asking questions and seeking out information as needed for the work.
Financial industry knowledge is a plus. This is a 12 month contract assignment.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33.00 - 34.48 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Copy edits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone, as well as disclosure requirements. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends copy edits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures. Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copy edits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copy editing tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as a number of internal sites and systems. Stays informed of and incorporates style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of Company's communications.
Click to Apply
- Demonstrates sound judgment when resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong grammar and syntax skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational and multitasking skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial and investment concepts.
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience.
- Experience in financial, pharmaceutical or medical environment is strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.