Sr. Cost Analyst
My client who is an industry leader in the Manufacturing industry is focused on adding a Sr. Cost Analyst to their team. This role will be responsible for analyzing production costs and inventory as well as standard cost accounting activities and ad-hoc projects. This role will be highly visible to management and will be a leader in delivering information.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze production cost and track inventory values for production facilities
- Prepare weekly, monthly and yearly variance, spending and cost analysis reports
- Communicate standard cost methodologies
- Analyze and identify monthly trends in cost activities
- Maintain cost accounting system and ensure policies and procedures are in accordance
- Oversee physical inventory
- Prepare journal entires and support month-end close processes
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have at least 4 years of Cost Accounting or Cost Analysis experience
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, Macros) experience is required
- Great understanding of SAP and Power BI is highly preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
For immediate and confidential consideration for this role, please email your resume to Reggie Whisenton at email@example.com.
skills: Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Cost Acct
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.