The Payroll Specialist performs various activities necessary for the calculation and payment of accurate wages and salaries to employees. You will also be responsible for wage attachments to include set up, follow up, and working with third party vendors to ensure timely and accurate payments.
location: Issaquah, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Reviews employee timesheets submissions to ensure pay practices for each location are being followed per HR policy. Calculates special adjustments, such as temporary upgrades, jury, and/or military pay.
- Keys and or reviews weekly and biweekly payroll batches for assigned group of employees in the time entry system, imports the time into the payroll system, and verifies that system totals equal batch totals. Investigates and resolves any discrepancies.
- Run reports to ensure that time off taken have not exceeded employee balances.
- Calculates partial benefit accruals for new hire and terminated employees and makes adjustments to balances as necessary.
- Completes wage and salary information forms as required by employees or governmental authorities (i.e. mortgage applications, worker's compensation, domestic relations, Social Security Administration, unemployment).
- Run reports requested and needed by internal partners.
- Completes weekly payroll checklists to ensure accuracy, and to document process controls and approvals.
- Prepares manual checks as needed by calculating gross to net check and printing live checks via Ultimate Software.
- Responsible for wage attachments to include set up, follow up, and working with third party vendor to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Act as back up to the payroll tax analyst during high volumes and absences.
- Act as back up for ACH to reconcile and send ACH files to the bank.
- Provides customer service by researching and resolving questions regarding the interpretation of payroll policies and procedures, calculation of overtime, retroactive pay, vacation, garnishments, and other related matters. Investigates payroll records and provides justification for calculations such as effective dates, receipt dates, authorizations, etc.
Knowledge of multi-state payroll processing, not limited to wage and hour laws. Knowledge of multi-state payroll taxes, including completion and filing of state and federal tax returns and W2's. Knowledge in calculation and processing of various wage attachments.
skills: Certified Payroll Professional, Payroll Tax-Multistate, 1099s, Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.