Brand Manager, WW Product Marketing
The Product Manager will have broad responsibility for managing key business aspects of current NAM product portfolio including daily portfolio maintenance, as well as driving new product development and launch activities focusing on brand new concepts for multiple categories including Targeted Nutrition and Outer Nutrition (Health & Wellness). This position will be responsible for ongoing management of activities and communication across multiple cross functional teams to ensure internal and external alignment on and execution of NAM product plans per agreed upon strategy.
location: Torrance, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.92 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Work with the Marketing Director on developing and implementing long term strategic direction for existing businesses and future product development opportunities.
- Become the expert on customer needs, segmentation, competitors, category dynamics & industry trends.
- Visit nutrition clubs and other sales venues to understand the company's Members and consumers.
- Facilitate critical information sharing and best practices across regions ensuring strategic plan execution.
- Identify global new product innovation & renovation opportunities and work with regions to develop their product pipeline in line with global strategy.
- Drive new product launch planning and execution by leading cross-functional teams & regional partners to meet target launch dates:
o Create Unique Value Proposition, including concept and product development & validation
o Marketing plan development of integrated campaigns across customer touch-points in the customer journey, ensuring consistency with articulated strategy
o Target messaging as appropriate per customer segmentation
o Create packaging and key marketing collateral including product usage and cross-selling strategies
o Provide launch support for successful commercialization including support for product training
o Measure performance and share learning
o Manage all daily activities throughout the product creation process (Agile process)
- Leadership of existing portfolio
o Conduct ongoing insights and make recommendations for brand and product improvements to maximize long term potential
o Develop integrated campaigns across customer touch-points in the customer journey ensuring consistency with articulated brand and product strategies
o Ensure messaging is simplified and targeted as appropriate per customer segmentation
o Ensure brand maintenance and brand equity worldwide
o Understand main sales methods for daily consumption to recommend initiatives to increase consumption
o Develop systematic global portfolio optimization, including establishing category guidelines, product revamping & SKU rationalization based on long-term growth strategy
o Identify ways to improve product margins while not compromising the customer experience or value proposition
o Recommend packaging improvements and innovation opportunities through deep understanding of customer usage and market trends
- Lead brand and product analytics providing an overview of sales, industry, consumer and competitive trends to senior management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership, organizational and team management skills that demonstrate the ability to be a good listener, provide clear direction, make sound decisions and multi-task
- Strong analytical, critical, strategic and creative thinking
- Self-driven, results oriented with a sense of urgency and a passion to win
- Excellent communication and problem solving
- Proactive leader with strong personal presence
- Ability to elicit accountability from other departments and direct reports (if applicable)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Business acumen
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Comfortable with presentations and general communication to senior management
- Ability to demonstrate political savvy through the development of alliances/strong working relationships with senior management, scientists and doctors
- 7 years of brand management and product marketing experience in a traditional Consumer Packaged Goods company
- Industry and/or product experience in the nutrition and fitness category
- Must have P&L and project management experience
- Must have demonstrated successes in new product development, with a thorough understanding of taking a product from concept to launch
- Cross-functional team management experience, collaborating closely with other commercial functions to achieve common goals
- Experience managing multiple product segments and multiple product introductions
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, or related industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.