job summary: Senior Project Accountant (bilingual in Spanish)
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance staffing. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Project Accountant located in Tucson, AZ. This is a direct-hire opportunity. The Employer
An outstanding opportunity with an exciting industry leader in the technology field. Location:
We are looking for local candidates. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Senior Project Accountant will support strategic objectives and be responsible for all facets of project and contract financial management. This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee's chargeable time;in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy. The Senior Project Accountant is to assist the Project Managers with the financial management of projects,emphasizing project financial health. This includes project review, ensuring accurate contract documentation, contract monitoring and maintenance including budget and funding entry and contract administration during various stages of a contract life cycle.
- Ensure consistent billing and financial reporting at project levels by following best practices and in compliance with contract terms.
- Review monthly accruals and deferrals related to projects
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Monitoring weekly and monthly project expenditures.
- Ensure timely release of sub-consultant invoices for payment.
- Perform research and provide necessary data analytics regarding project financial status, which includes funding/budget, staffing requirements and accounts receivable.
- Manage funding and budget updates as a result of work/scope changes and contract amendments.
- Request and assist PM in entering percent completes to monitor project progress.
- Verify final billing is complete, re-budget project (if necessary) and prepare project(s) for closeout.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance in Business
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles, and practices of general and contract accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis in a government contract environment.
- Some familiarity of the OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and/or Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Deltek Costpoint software ++
- Very strong Excel skills a must!
- Experience in an international organization and/or in a high technology industry sector Highly preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly preferred
Once we know you are interested, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills for this position and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Send resumes with targeted salary range or requirements directly to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org 602-977-1114
skills: Budgeting, Project Management, Billing, Spanish, Accruals, Invoices, Deltek Costpoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.