Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Senior Tax Analyst to prepare monthly state and federal tax returns in timely and accurate to avoid any penalties and interest. The Senior Tax Analyst will work with tax team to correctly apply monthly tax accruals and reconciliation schedules. The Senior Tax Analyst will also assist with state sales and use tax filings and tax planning initiatives in order to identify cash tax savings opportunities.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare monthly state sales and use tax returns. Research and establish filing state sales and use tax returns and submitting payments electronically.
- Review invoices to determine applicability of sales and use tax by jurisdiction. Research state requirements on products/services purchased. Work with accounts payable to resolve any issues related to sales and use tax.
- Work with accounts payable and treasury to correctly apply monthly accrual, reconciliation of monthly sales and use tax accruals.
- Assist with state tax notices and sales and use tax audits.
- Effectively applying tax knowledge to all types of business returns.
- Assist with preparing business tax returns on a timely and efficient basis. In depth understanding of computer system used in tax preparation process.
- BS/BA in Accounting required.
- 3-years plus of experience in corporate/business sales and use tax required.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge Excel and business tax software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- High energy and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Track record of working effectively in a complex, demanding and professional environment
- Work under pressure with high accuracy while meeting inflexible deadlines
skills: Corporate Tax, Federal Tax, Sales & Use Tax, Excise Tax, FAS 109, Income Tax, FIN 48, Domestic Planning, Consolidated Tax, Domestic Compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.