job summary: Associate Director, Finance (Pharmaceuticals)
We are looking to identify a self-motivated, hands-on, and detail oriented Associate Director, Finance to join a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company in Boston. To be successful in this role, you must have excellent business partnering experience, solid financial modeling skills and a strong knowledge of the commercial operations within a pharmaceutical environment.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Build and manage all aspects of planning cycles for organization (annual budget, forecasts, and long-range strategic plan).
- Distribute and disseminate monthly reporting packages to commercial business partners including variance to budget and latest forecast for both revenue and operating expenses.
- Identify risks/opportunities that drive financial results and effectively communicate to Finance and commercial leadership.
- Partner with accounting and commercial counterparts on all aspects of revenue reporting, which includes working with multiple data systems, reviewing sales orders to determine gross-to-net assumptions (government rebate programs, returns reserve and other adjustments to revenue).
- Collaborate with commercial functional areas on key strategic areas including pricing dynamics and contract administration.
- Provide financial leadership on all commercial operating expenses.
- Partner and build relationships to understand commercial initiatives that drive overall commercial plans.
- Perform monthly close activities for the commercial organization including
- Evaluate new business opportunities and decision-making support.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on S&OP process to ensure alignment of sales plan resulting in an uninterrupted supply.
- Identify and lead special projects and analysis that provide a strategic, financial, and analytical approach to decision making.
How to Apply
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Foundation in Big 4 highly preferred.
- Must possess Commercial Biotech/Pharmaceuticals industry experience. Commercial product launch experience preferred. Demonstrated experience with financial modeling, revenue reporting, pricing decision support and analysis, and product launch support.
- Minimum of 10-12 years budgeting, forecasting, analysis experience.
- Foundation in public accounting (Big 4 highly preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams (i.e. commercial, PSC, Clinical, Regulatory Quality (CRQ)).
- Experience with ERP systems. Netsuite preferred.
For consideration, please forward a Word version of your resume to Jason.email@example.com
skills: Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.