Are you a Life Insurance Underwriter
who is interested in working remote
and looking to join a Fortune 500 company as the next step in your career? Are you interested in joining one of the preeminent insurance organizations in the country?
If you said yes, then I have a great contract opportunity for you. We are recruiting for an experienced insurance underwriter. You will possess and apply comprehensive life product knowledge and underwriting expertise with a proven track record of sign off amounts of up to 2 Million.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 41 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
As a Life Insurance Underwriter, job duties include:
- Assists in developing underwriting quality and service for the Operation. Assists in developing and implementing necessary changes to underwriting practice and procedures.
- Provides consultation and advice to Chief Underwriter on the underwriting requirements as new products are developed.
- Assists in implementing underwriting criteria for life insurance products sold through alternate distribution systems.
- Researches compliance issues related to underwriting, managing and implementing procedures required to assure compliance with state and federal legislation.
- Maintains relationship with field sales personnel in helping to keep our sales team informed of policies and procedures enacted by Chief Underwriter.
- Develops position papers and staff reports aimed at deciding the direction of future underwriting related projects, plans, and programs. Conducts cost/benefit analyses as needed to evaluate and support recommendations provided to Chief Underwriter.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5 + years of life insurance underwriting with sign off amounts up to 2 Million.
- Extensive knowledge of life underwriting principles and practices, including basic contract law.
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical and non-medical risks as they relate to life insurance.
- Interpretation of attending physicians reports, medical examinations, and medical test results.
- Oral and written articulateness, characterized by clarity, logic, and a willingness to inquire and actively listen.
- Well developed platform skills, characterized by effective communication in a variety of modes, media, and situations.
Education: Undergraduate studies in insurance, risk management, finance, biologic sciences, or business management. Participation in, or attainment of, professional/technical studies or designation such as CLU, FLMI or FALU.
If you have over 5 years experience working as a Life Insurance Underwriter then apply for this position today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.