A non profit in the Greater LA area is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to add to their team! This person will ensure that the company meets its financial obligations to vendors in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
Ensure that payments are made legally, accurately and within company guidelines, ensuring least cost competitive pricing.
Oversee compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
location: Carson, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Accounts Payable:
- Full cycle, high volume accounts payable for multiple units
- Assist with the maintenance of A/P Vendor files and other system files as required
- Process A/P Invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify coding of invoices for payment from the proper account.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Generate checks.
- Research A/P issues.
- Primary liaison with field units for A/P related issues.
- Customize reimbursement and petty cash forms for the units
- Verify that all vouchers and supporting documentation are properly filed.
- Reconcile A/P Aging Reports monthly.
- Assist with monthly and year end closings.
- Perform journal entries to record Corporate Credit Card transactions.
- Perform journal entries to distribute the expenses among units/departments on consolidated accounts.
- Perform journal entries to reclassify error coded invoices/reimbursements.
- Assist with audit preparation with emphasis on A/P.
- Backup support in the absence of other A/Ps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
The position requires the equivalent of an BS/BA Degree from an accredited College or University. EXPERIENCE:
The position requires a minimum of one to three years' experience.
Apply for this great opportunity to work with a phenomenal team today!!
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.