Our client in Northern Virginia s looking for an effective Staff Accountant to join their team. The Staff Accountant is a professional who knows how to get things done. The ideal person will be a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst and will help maintain and improve their budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. This position reports to the Controller.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements
- Maintains the general ledger
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts
- Attention to detail and ability to work to time constraints
- Receipts and post daily deposits. Reconcile any discrepancies, and also work with the branches on collections
- Maintain discretion in all matters
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency
Click here to apply
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related required
- Two (2) years or more of experience in finance or accounting required
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with both Microsoft Office and Timberline accounting software or have an aptitude to learn new systems
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Receivable, A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.