We're seeking a Human Resources Director to build out the HR function for our manufacturing client located in the South Jersey area. You'll oversee and carry out all aspects of HR with the support of a lean team. This role will be responsible for all policies and compliance across all five states where we operate with 850 employees and contractors. You will support employees and managers to make sure HR policies and procedures are clearly understood and easy to follow.
To get started, you'll manage our Payroll and Benefits Manager as a department of two and build out a lean team. You'll work closely with our COO and leadership team to ensure that our high-performing culture of accountability and direct communication remains the underpinning of our team as we grow.
For immediate consideration please send your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
location: Vineland, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 10 Years
- Develop and/or make recommendations for improvement of HR goals, policies, processes and systems to support the company's culture and business objectives
- Ensure policies, procedures, resources and reporting are current and in compliance with all federal, state and local laws across multiple states
- Provide proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive work environment
- Maintain a human resources information system (e.g., ADP Workforce Now) that meets Company personnel information needs
- Take ownership of our hiring roadmap and forecasting
- Coordinate/Facilitate our new employee onboarding/orientation process
- Assess HR department team needs and build a lean team
- Take ownership of compensation strategy (initially pay bands and leveling) as well as day-to-day compensation work for hiring and promotions
- Assist management with coordinating employee training and professional development programs
- Develop and manage policies related to COVID-19
- Carry out all policy and HIPAA trainings
- Assist management in the performance evaluation process (goal setting, career coaching, performance feedback) and revise process as needed
- Provide counsel and guidance to managers on grievance, disciplinary, and performance issues. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
- Conduct investigations into employee complaints and act accordingly to provide resolution
- Consult with external legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters
- With time and earned responsibility, take accountability for recruiting
- Performs additional related duties as required and assigned
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree or have equivalent experience; Professional certification in human resources strongly preferred
- Have at least 10 years of experience working in a human resources management capacity
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles, compliance, industry practices, and legal requirements related to human resources policies and practices.
- HR experience in multi-state, high growth mid size company in the manufacturing sector.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands on a daily basis. Comfortable being adaptable and flexible to achieve both HR and business objectives
For immediate consideration please send your resume directly to: email@example.com or call me at 267-266-0707
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.