Our client, a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals, is looking for an ambitious Human Resources Generalist to support their HR team. This person would be responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
A career with our client is the opportunity to do work that matters. It's the chance to use your knowledge to shape what's ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a law firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
If you're someone who's looking toward the future, we'd love to hear from you.
location: King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and review quarterly.
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.
- SHRM-CP or CEBS professional is a plus.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with Paylocity and Bswift benefits databases.
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively individually as well as in a team environment.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
skills: Benefit Administration, Flexible Benefit Administration (Cafeteria Plan), Workday, Benefit Cost Containment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.