One of the DC Metro area's largest real estate companies seeks a Project Accountant. The position will perform daily accounting and financial reporting activities for assigned properties. This position can work from home at the moment but will be in the office by mid 2021.
location: Greenbelt, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for at least 6 properties
- Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
- Forecasting cash flow
- Analysis of monthly financial statements
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly.
- Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surplus' that involve capital calls or distributions to owners
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Research problems under the direction of the immediate supervisor as required
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed
- Identify and implement process improvement
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance; CPA/candidate highly preferred
- At least 2 years of GL or Property Accounting exp
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, this company offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let the employee and family be healthy and plan for the future.
Salary for this position is $65,000 - 75,000
skills: $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.