Responsibility of this position entails underwriting equipment loan or lease requests across a variety of industries and equipment types, as well as decisioning applications resulting in up to $175K total Customer-specific exposure. The Senior Credit Analyst will also assist Underwriters with higher approval authorities underwrite larger Exposures by performing financial, business, asset and industry due diligence.
location: Scarsdale, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Gather transaction information by coordinating with the Origination team.
- Prepare Credit Summaries, including narrative (concise and on-point), financial spreads and analysis as well as collateral valuations as needed.
- Ability to interpret financial statements including Audited, Reviewed and Tax Returns
- Identify key transaction risks and mitigating factors and propose appropriate structures and terms.
- Decision transactions for Exposures up to $175K in compliance with company's credit policies and procedures.
- Review accuracy of collateral searches, valuations and transaction documentation.
- Minimize turnaround time while thoroughly documenting credit requests.
- Complete underwriting memo for $250K+ Exposures
- Review transactions for possible syndication to other lenders
- Acts as a resource for Credit Analysts to address general questions
- Assists in the training and onboarding of new employees
- Ensure effective communication with all other Departments.
- Interact with company's other Departments, senior management and external counterparties to perform business development projects.
- Remain up to date on economic changes and cycles.
- Ensures that reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional
- Embrace and promote company's core values and create a positive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting preferred
- 3+ years in commercial equipment Credit Underwriting in an equipment finance environment.
- Familiarity with AmurEF software platforms a plus (e.g., Salesforce.com, LTi software, SSRS).
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional travel is expected for this position, primarily to visit company's various offices and occasionally external relationships.
skills: Credit Analysis, Commercial Credit Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.