job summary: ***Bilingual Spanish is Required***
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Department's goals and carrying out a variety of professional responsibilities in the area of employment, compensation, employee relations, Payroll and HR administration. This position is accountable for ensuring the consistent administration of all Human Resources and Payroll policies,procedures and programs relative to the company and its employees.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Participate in annual audits such as I-9, API, and assist other departments with their audits who need access to Personnel Files.
- Responsible for payroll processing and auditing. Receives and monitors timecards & absence forms for all personnel; reviews forms turned in to ensure they are completed.
- Manages the collection and verification of all data required to complete accurate payroll processing
- Submits payroll to corporate for review and approval and implements any changes or corrections that may be required.
- Responsible for internal & external payroll and benefits standard and non-standard reports using available software; on a regular basis and as required.
- Provides payroll systems training and support to supervisor and employees.
- Develops procedures and recommends any changes to assure consistency with the effectiveness of payroll processing.
- Maintain and file documents in personnel files in E-File.
- Maintains knowledge of Company forms and policies and help department implement and uphold policies and procedures; communicates to employees when necessary.
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in relevant field of study, PREFERRED. Willing to look at high school graduates as well
- 2 to 5 years of experience as an HR Coordinator/Admin or Generalist.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Payroll
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS software.
- Human Resources principles, practices, and legal requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- MUST be 100% fluent in written and verbal Spanish / English
skills: $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.