This role is primarily responsible for the ongoing administration of the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842), including entering leases into the lease accounting tool, performing procedures to ensure completeness of lease population, recording journal entries, reconciling lease-related GL accounts, and assistance with preparation of lease accounting disclosure.
location: Camden, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Responsible for the accounting, controls, and processes for lease accounting under ASC 842, Leases:
- Perform processes and controls to ensure completeness of lease population.
- Enter lease records into the lease accounting tool (CoStar).
- Prepare lease-related journal entries during close.
- Prepare account reconciliations & lease roll forwards.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly lease accounting disclosure.
- Assist with internal and external audits through coordination of requests and implementation of follow-up actions.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA preferred but not required;
- Having a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, preferably including knowledge of ASC 842, Leases;
- Experience with ASC 842 is strong plus, but not required;
- Being comfortable in an ever-changing environment and willing to be flexible as priorities shift
If you feel you are qualified please respond to this posting, or email resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration
skills: GAAP, Lease Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.