job summary: Our client is looking for a temporary Controller to have full oversight of the financial statements and management reporting for this Manufacturing business for 3-4 months.
- Lead a large team of Accounting and Finance professionals, hourly rate between $70H-$90H.
- Able to start project 10/12 or 10/19 - and can commit to staying 3-4 months.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Manage production of month end financial statements and reporting packages, forecasting, budgeting, covenant compliance and financial analysis
- Utilizing software for financial reporting and forecasting
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- Develop and use models to analyze the business
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit functions
- Cash flow analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Cost accounting and machine margin analysis
- Physical inventory count and lead annual inventory reserve analysis
- Insuring adequate internal controls and policies are maintained
- Provides leadership, management, and accountability
- Coordinates special projects as assigned
- Hands-on experience as at the Controller-level
- Experience in $25M-$150M manufacturers and/or distributors and leading teams of 5-15 people
- Responsibility for preparing the financial statement consolidation, accounting research, management reporting, and 13 week cash flow forecasting
- Comfortable managing AR/AP/Credit and acting as key HQ liaison for plant operations personnel
- Advanced Excel and experience using ERP software (preferably Visual, Navision or SyteLine)
- Experience using and/or implementing Adaptive Planning (formerly Adaptive Insights) for financial statement consolidation (preferred not required)
- Experience leading and implementing a shared services finance function (preferred not required)
skills: Visual Basic, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Navision, Cash Forecasting, Adaptive Planning, Cash Forecasting/Cash Flow, Shared Services Design, $0-50 million, $50-100 million, $100-250 million, External Financial Statement Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.