Randstad Professionals is presently conducting a search for an Accounts Receivable Specialist for their well-established food manufacturing client in the San Fernando Valley. This position will report to the Director of Accounting and would be responsible for the following:
location: Chatsworth, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required.
- Compile, review and reconcile trade spend deductions from customer remittances (e.g. discounts, spoilages, penalties, MCB's, advertising and promotion spend, demos, etc.)
- Obtain backup from customers for all deductions
- Apply appropriate review notes to all deductions for simplified review by management
- Analyze and verify customer debit claims
- Oversee accounts receivable team to ensure approved deductions are booked to the appropriate promotional general ledger accounts for monthly tracking
- Work with customers to obtain repayment for invalid claims in a timely manner
- Demonstrate teamwork by building strong working relationships with the Sales team, as well as the Finance team to understand various deduction programs and their accounting impact
- Ensure compliance with trade spend programs, and monitor for risks and opportunities
- Period-end close activities as related to trade spend
- Support the A/R team with clearing deductions, as required
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of food industry experience in an Accounts Receivable or Trade Deductions role. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Excellent communications skills
For immediate consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly
skills: A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.