Do you want a role where you get to use your Accounting experience and add in some analysis? Do you like improving processes? A Boston Based startup who is diversified, thus stable, is looking to add a blended accountant / analyst to the team. They're a laid-back group with reasonable work hours and a great environment that provides upward mobility. Step into the role of Senior Accountant where you will be responsible for detailed month end reporting, reconciliations, and monthly analysis of financial statements.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity click to apply!
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Responsible for detailed account analysis and review of supporting data and reconciliations
- Monthly analysis of operational results, financial statements including review for compliance with company policies and procedures, US GAAP and Statutory regulations
- Recommend any adjustments that need to be made to financial data
- Development and presentation of financial schedules to management and external audit team
- Proposes improvements to systems and methods of work and analysis, ensuring that changes are continuously adapted to business requirements
- Actively assist department in special projects or as a project committee member, as needed
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar
- Minimum 3 years' experience within Accounting or Financial Analysis
- Theoretical and practical understanding of US GAAP
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Experience with integrated accounting software
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (e.g. calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Apply basic business math concepts)
To be considered for this position, send a word version of your resume to Nigel - firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: CPA, Analysis, Month-End Close, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.