Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with their search for a Cost Accountant
in Boston, MA.
Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare, analyze, and report weekly, monthly, and quarterly gross margin analysis by customer type.
- Assist in month end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine cost of business activity such as raw material, purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Coordinate with various departments within the company including IT, accounts payable, accounts receivable, receiving, shipping, production, purchasing, and other. Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, and liability accounts by customer type and by division.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; provide various reports to management.
- Make routine entries in the accounting system; maintain Cost Accounting System; maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Nigel Butler with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience as cost accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MBA a plus
- Professional certification preferred, CPA or CMA
skills: Account Reconciliation, Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.