Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for general ledger corporate accounting to include preparing internal financial reporting schedules and performing technical accounting research for one of our clients.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Perform reconciliations and detailed account analysis of general ledger accounts to ensure they properly reflect the company's financial position and results in accordance with company policy and GAAP
- Assist in ensuring that the company's revenues and expenses are correctly reported and classified in accordance with GAAP
- Research technical accounting issues and assist with analysis and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Prepare, develop and/or analyze various financial reports for use by management
- Analyze financial reports, identify and interpret business trends using the financial data, and effectively communicate findings to management
- Assist with preparing audit schedules and confirmations during year-end close
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and monthly forecasts
- Review closing activities of certain subsidiaries and coordinate year-end audit activities of these subsidiaries
- Assist in acquisition accounting and due diligence work
- Manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining attention to detail and quality orientation
- Ability to problem-solve and apply critical thinking to all tasks
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Medium to advanced Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, vlookups, graphing
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting from accredited university;
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a corporate accounting environment;
- Solid foundational knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Strong proficiency in MS Excel;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Regulatory reporting, Statutory Reporting, Financial Reporting - External, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.