Reporting to the Assistant Controller. The applicant should have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and should have the ability to prepare basic spreadsheets, perform selected analysis on financial statements and provide support for corporate accounting functions.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Prepare journal entries for Corporate accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare schedules for Audit/Review
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Facilitate and provide support for year-end, interim, and other audit work, as required
- Analyze and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Adhoc projects required by Management.
- Month-end responsibilities:
o Improve/develop departmental procedures & practices to ensure maximum efficiency and controls
o Actively participate in Month End-Closing process
o Actively participate and generate ideas for process and systems improvements.
o Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
o Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. Minimum two or more years' experience in accounting or related business area. Proficient in spreadsheet software (Excel) and Word.
- Self-motivated/critical thinker
- Detail-oriented professional with ability to handle complex reporting while meeting firm deadlines, sometimes with short turnaround
- Flexible in working hours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
- Yardi Knowledge preferred
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.