Our Non-Profit Client in Northern Virginia is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. Under the general direction of the Controller, the Senior Accountant has the responsibility for carrying out of operational functions in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and general ledger. This is an excited opportunity with room for growth, and great benefits!
location: Alexandria, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Manage and monitor Accounts Payable through the online system and ensure that all invoices are processed correctly in Concur on a timely basis.
- Manage and monitor Accounts Receivables through the iMIS database and follow up with outstanding AR on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries (including debit/credit, adjustment, re-class, etc.) that are necessary for the financial close and send them to Controller on a timely basis for review.
- Reconcile the general ledger schedule and ensure any/all discrepancies resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process bi-weekly payroll through ADP and ensure payroll is posted correctly in accounting system.
- Perform and file forms 1099 and 1096
- Update the cash flow report for on a daily basis
- Assist with yearly Audit
qualifications: Knowledge and use of the following software packages is desired:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon)
- Concur Online Systems - Expense Reporting and Invoicing
- iMIS database, membership database
- ADP, Payroll, Time and Attendance - Workforce Now
- Microsoft Dynamics Management Reporter and/or Prophix
- Microsoft Office Suite
Please Apply Here!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, finance
- Minimum of three years' experience working with non for profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.