Family Office Accountant
A multifamily office in Palm Beach Gardens is seeking a Senior Accountant to assume responsibility for numerous family and operating entities. The candidate should be a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual who pays close attention to control procedures, can understand the complexities of trust, estate and family office accounting and can identify irregularities. The ideal candidate will have family office accounting experience.
location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
I am looking for a reliable and precise professional to help properly maintain the general ledger, including reconciling account balances and bank statements and preparing month-end/quarter-end close procedures.
The Senior Accountant will provide input and assistance on a variety of accounting, reporting and tax needs for the family office, family members and family entities. Specifically, the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, tax returns and portfolio reports for the families and trusts.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare cash flow analyses and projections.
- Assist with accounts payable as necessary.
- Record journal entries and prepare analyses of accounts.
- Maintain orderly, standardized and complete electronic filing systems (including scanning and filing payment / bank transactions).
- Assist with the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 4 - 8 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Prior family office experience desirable.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Quickbooks Pro, General Accounting and Finance Skills, Family-owned
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.