Amazing and important opportunity to lead an Accounting department as the Director of Finance in a unique environment! This is an interim contract based opportunity with a strong possibility of it becoming permanent for the right candidate.
location: Central Falls, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 38.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Director of Finance will co-ordinate the day to day activities of the accounting team, including:
- Ensuring the production of timely and accurate financial accounts and reports, including submission of group reporting pack within strict deadlines
- Preparation and review of financial reports for various stakeholders in the business
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Oversee the roll out of financial policies, procedures and controls across the company in accordance with site policies.
- Assisting with forecast and budget preparation
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of tax and statutory compliance
- Involved in ad hoc finance duties as required
Great Plains experience and ADP for payroll experience strongly preferred
Strong computer skills with expert knowledge of excel and detailed knowledge of accounting software packages. You will have regularly use other MS Office products such as Word and PowerPoint.
Team player with good communication skills, you will be highly motivated and comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced environment with a natural ability to adapt to change.
Strong people management experience, with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are expected.
You will be detail oriented, and a self-starter, and have a high level of numeracy. Attention to detail is crucial.
You will be very commercially aware with a strong sense of business acumen.
A candidate can separate themselves from the pack if they already have experience with ADP payroll and Great Plains accounting software.
Once this candidate is entrenched in the role, they will be giving monthly reports to the board and shareholders.
A unique opportunity for someone who is ready to oversee all financials in an established environment.
skills: Budgeting, ADP, Great Plains, Month-End Close, Year End Close, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.