job summary: CONTROLLER - CPA
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance staffing. We are looking for a CONTROLLER with an active CPA for the Corporate Offices an exciting expanding publicly traded company in Scottsdale.
Under the leadership of the CFO, The Controller will be an experienced leader who will provide effective management and leadership to the accounting function Location: Scottsdale, AZ Salary: 130k - 150k
location: Scottsdale, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, including timely and accurate month- end accounting close process, preparation of internal management financial reports, and sales & business tax filings and remittance
- Maintain records in accordance with GAAP, and research technical accounting issues in support of new business initiatives and new / proposed accounting standards, including revenue recognition.
- Manage and oversee A/P, A/R and Cash Posting, as well as oversight of commissions and revenue analysis to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices, A/R is collected and posted promptly, billing is uploaded timely and accurately, and commissions are calculated and paid timely and accurately.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the accounting function for the company, including internal and external reporting, technical accounting, and internal controls.
- Manage and oversee FP&A including preparation of the annual operating plan / budget, financial forecasts, variance analysis, pricing analysis by product and customer, and the compilation, analysis and reporting of key company metrics, including maintenance of company dashboard information.
- Maintain banking / treasury relationships with banking institutions and credit card processors to ensure positive pay functionality is being properly maintained and monitored, lockbox and other daily banking activity is processed, posted and reconciled timely, and any chargeback activity is timely dispositioned.
- Drive process and systems improvements across the financial organization, including design and implementation of key controls over financial reporting, maintenance of accounting policies & procedures and the chart of accounts, as well as preparation of reporting packages for Corporate and/or financial institutions.
- Assist in potential M&A activity, including analysis, due diligence, integration and purchase accounting.
- Act as the point of contact and manage our relationships with, and the work product (i.e. annual financial audits, tax filings, etc.) of our independent auditors and Sales & Local Tax + Income Tax Preparers.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA a must!
- 3- 5 years' experience as a Controller in a high growth corporate environment with 300+ employees.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience with Process Improvement
- Technical accounting experience with exposure to sales and local taxes.
- Strong knowledge of financial governance and compliance including GAAP and SOX (SEC reporting is a Plus).
- Strong leadership and management skills; overseeing a minimum staff size of five (5) in accounting and related functions, including Financial Reporting, G/L, A/P, A/R, FP&A, Billing, Commissions, and Collections.
- Experience and underlying knowledge of bank treasury functions and credit card payment processes.
Once we know you are interested, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills for this position and tell you more about the opportunity.
We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today For more information please contact Julie.Slade@Randstadusa.com 602-977-1114
skills: CPA, Regulatory Compliance - SEC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.