We are seeking an experienced professional to manage the accounting and finance activities to ensure compliance with GAAP, corporate policies and external audits. This includes month-end close, financial reporting, payroll, equity administration, cash management, monitoring the accuracy and efficiency of financial statement close process and other functions. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Overall responsibility for monthly/quarterly/yearly close process that includes preparation and review of journal entries, analyses and reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly financial and management reports that include variance analysis of actual against prior month/quarter/year.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of accounting staff including but not limited to accruals, fixed assets, payroll, equity administration and cash management activities
- Managing the quarterly reviews and year-end audit processes with external auditors and tax service providers
- Participate in strategic financial projects including implementation of ERP and T&E expense software
- Assist in maintaining internal controls and maintaining compliance with SOX requirements for key processes
- Assist in developing and maintaining Aggregate Spend Reporting process in compliance with the Sunshine Act requirements
- Developing and maintaining accounting procedures to ensure they meet Current Best Practices.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to give guidance and insights in support of business decisions and objectives
- BA/BS in Accounting/Business Administration with strong knowledge of GAAP with 3+ years of increasingly responsible accounting/finance and reporting experience
- Excellent ability to work independently and effectively direct and supervise work of others
- Solid understanding of accounting within an ERP and other financial software
- High level of attention to detail and strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with different teams and/or functions
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Solid Microsoft suite skills
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.