Overseeing accounting activities, financial reporting, reviewing and approving monthly property expenses and assists with operating budgets and audits.
location: King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Oversee accounting duties for commercial properties.
- Prepare accrual-based financial statements for assigned portfolio
Analyze the general ledger for each property, prepare journal entries, calculate accruals and adjustments and maintain detailed work paper files
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end work papers, corresponding financial statements and lender reporting packages along with monthly sales and uses tax returns and monthly U & O Forms.
- Creates monthly asset management reports, cash flow analysis.
- Reviews the monthly bank recs, monthly rent up, management fees, variance reports and monthly utility billings to tenants.
- Prepares all lender operating expense draw requests, straight line rent recognition schedules in accordance with applicable leases, and annual CAM reconciliations
- Reviews and approves all CAPEX, Tenant Improvement, and Leasing Commissions Draws to our Lenders / Services. Which includes the review and approval of all Leasing Commission and Construction Management Fee calculations.
- Assess and approve monthly posting of depreciation/amortization for assigned entities and select weekly A/P payments.
- Coordinates with property managers to ensure that all expenses have been correctly reflected on financial statements.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating budgets and in compiling information for distribution to auditors during annual audit process.
- Significant support in ad hoc special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- MRI or comparative real estate accounting software experience preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience, commercial real estate industry experience strongly preferred or someone out of public accounting.
- Creative, detail oriented and strong problem solving, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles.
skills: Property Accounting, Property Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.