Randstad USA is seeking Sr. Accountant for an exciting and challenging opportunity with a manufacturing company in the near west suburbs.
Randstad is working with a company in Burr Ridge to identify a skilled accounting for a position within their growing department.
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least four years of work experience in a staff accountant capacity. Other essential attributes include a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to work across various platforms, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are looking for a new role that offers opportunities for continued growth and professional development, this is the opportunity for you.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Timely and accurately completes all assigned tasks necessary for the general ledger close at each period-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting cycle
- Preparation and posting of journal entries and maintenance of clear and thorough back-up documentation in support of the journal entries
- Timely preparation of assigned Balance Sheet account reconciliations at each period-end
- Research of accounts, reconciling items, and transactions as needed
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Interpret accounting standards and recommend accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP
- Monitor and ensure compliance with internal control process
- Assist in the annual audit preparation, communicate with auditors and provide documentation as needed
- Make recommendations for process enhancements
- Perform ad-hoc assignments from manager as needed
- Assist and take charge of various special projects, and see them to completion
- B.S. Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years' experience in general accounting (public accounting preferred).
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting rules, regulations, policies, and internal controls.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency with automated accounting systems
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.