Our client, a manufacturer in Chicago, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team! This individual will be responsible for monthly general ledger close and financial reporting to ensure they reflect company's financial position in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Coordinate and review data for the General Ledger.
- Review Purchase Orders for accurate account information
- Review daily accounts payable reports
- Post journal entries, payroll entries and cash receipts
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Prepare preliminary and final margin reconciliation.
- Analyze all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare Audit Schedules
- Have general understanding of Inventory & manufacturing flows.
- Interact with all departments at the office and plant levels.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Manufacturing background is required
- Minimum of five year experience in Accounting
- AS400 experience is a PLUS
- Must have strong computer skills and high degree of efficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Pivot tables
- Strong analytical abilities, communication skills and organizational skills required
CLICK TO APPLY TODAY!
Please send resumes to Stacey
skills: AP, AR, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.