Cost Accounting Manager
Currently working with successful and growing life science / biotech company that is looking for a Cost Accounting Manager for the team. Position will oversee full cost accounting and inventory accounting for a commercial product as well as help with business unit finance and accounting areas. Qualified candidates will have a BS in Accounting, Finance or related area and 4+ years of Cost Accounting experience or have audited manufacturing clients. Please apply for further consideration.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Manager, Cost Accounting will be responsible for day to day activities that support the financial reporting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), as well as, account for the monthly operations of the supply chain departments. The role will serve as the key liaison between the Finance and the Supply Chain teams and will be the finance lead in preparing the relevant accounting close processes, account analyses and ad hoc projects.
- Lead Inventory and COGS monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting process including:
- Develop and maintain product standard costs
- Record COGS and inventory-related transactions
- Review manufacturing spend and evaluate performance against standards
- Review spend with business units and allocation of overhead
- Monitor transfer pricing between international entities
- Track inventory receipts and movement
- Responsible for inventory valuation and reconciliation
- Support Inventory planning, through participation in budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc analysis
- Responsible for Supply Chain monthly accounting, including meeting with department heads to review budget to actual differences
- Provide quarterly management reporting out of the general ledger
- Prepare support for financial statement audit requests, and respond to inquiries from external auditors
- Responsible for internal and external audit requirements related to inventory
- Prepare supporting documentation for SOX and SEC filings as needed
- Assist in developing and improving operational procedures and establishing process efficiencies/ improvements
- Support other finance / ad hoc projects as necessary
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of cost and inventory accounting experience, including experience with Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/related field, or equivalent experience
- Life science company experience
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Demonstrated the ability to identify organizational opportunities and to effectively implement new processes and internal controls preferred
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.