Excellent Top 10 accounting firm is now seeking a Senior auditor for a 3month contract. There could be possibility for an extension for the right fit. Seeking someone with Experience in Large Bank Risk Management (Safety & Soundness) or Enterprise Risk Management. Pay is 50- 55 hourly DOE
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Well versed in risk management / safety & soundness principles for large banks/financial institutions (total assets >$50 billion).
- Deep understanding of bank safety & soundness standards including capital, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity, and market risk.
- Reviewing the validation of enterprise risk issues to assess the appropriateness, completeness, effectiveness, and sustainability of corrective actions taken.
- Familiarity with operational risk areas such as fraud, information security/cyber security, board oversight and reporting, third-party risk management, fraud, etc.
- Practical experience as a consultant, banking official, or bank regulator in the enterprise risk governance framework.
- Familiarity with the OCC, FRB, and FDIC risk management/safety & soundness examination procedures, including regulatory guidance (e.g., OCC Bulletins, FRB SR letters, FDIC FILs, etc.)
- Familiarity with remediation or validation of regulatory mandates (MRAs, MRIAs, MRBAs, etc.) stemming from enforcement actions such as Consent Orders, Cease & Desist Orders, MOUs, etc.
- Independent verification of remediation and / or mitigating controls, and sustainability for enterprise risk issues as defined by organization polices (Issue Management and Enterprise Risk Management policies).
- Reviewing the validation of milestones associated with identified issues.
- Oversee the planning and validation reviews within required timeframes and in accordance with established processes and procedures including the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures.
- Communicate the validation process, status, and results to business partners.
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations resulting from validation work to risk and business partners.
- Facilitate an efficient and valued validation review process.
- Validate and communicate potential issues and results of testing to the appropriate parties, including senior management.
- Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design, identify process risk points, and evaluate adequacy of corresponding internal controls.
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses, gaps, and/or process inefficiencies, and document clear evidential support for findings.
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork and develop articulate and concise explanations for identified issues.
qualifications: Required Qualifications (Senior Auditor / Issue Validation Tester)
- 5-10+ years of relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function in large financial services institution or equivalent audit or consulting experience to include top tier firm
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with experience in one or more of the following areas: enterprise risk management and risk management
- Perform audits in accordance with IIA standards and company methodology
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and adherence to established policies, procedures, and/or regulatory guidance
- Preferred certifications: CRMA, CIA, CPA, CFE, CFA
- Commissioned Federal Bank Examiner - Safety & Soundness (OCC, FRB, FDIC)
- Advanced knowledge in risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area; or advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management
- 6+ years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution
- Strong project management leadership experience in risk or audit functions
- Experience conducting and leading validation reviews of issues and corrective actions
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and programs (preferably for large financial institutions)
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk Management
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.