Our client in Virginia is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team and organization. The Senior Accountant will be focused on driving innovation and helping customers define and deliver their own unique vision for the organization. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting around both the operations and development entities. This position reports to the GL Manager. It's is a great opportunity with room for growth and excellent benefits!
location: Herndon, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Leads Revenue Recognition (ASC 842) within the department. Reviews and abstracts lease agreements into the lease accounting system. Manages a high volume of activity.
- Reviews and reconciles the CRM system to our Billing/Revenue financial reporting system to ensure completeness of billings.
- Actively reviews contracts prior to execution and proactively resolves any discrepancies with Sales.
- Performs monthly close procedures and assists with GL reconciliations.
- Analyzes and understands complete product line/offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Plays a key role in problem resolution, process improvement and automation of asset-related and procurement-related processes.
- Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Assists with annual financial audit.
- Provides guidance and training to team members, as needed.
- Provides research and analysis to resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Coordinates accounting related matters with other departments and locations.
- Identifies system or process inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please Apply Here!
- 2-3 years of related public accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA preferred.
- Experience in the Data Center industry, Construction or Real Estate environments preferred.
- Financial reporting experience preferred.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
skills: General Ledger, Lease Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.