Randstad USA is seeking an Accounts Payable, Supervisor for an exciting and challenging opportunity with a manufacturing company in the near west suburbs.
Randstad is working with a company in Burr Ridge to identify a skilled manager for a position within their growing accounting department.
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of work experience in an accounts payable capacity, including experience as a team leader or supervisor. Other essential attributes include a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to work across various platforms, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and oversee a team of AP coordinators who are responsible for the processing of invoices, statement reconciliation and timely issuance of payments. The position does require data entry of invoices and special projects as needed including SOP development and process improvement initiatives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain a work environment which supports motivation, productivity and ensures fairness for each employee in the department.
If you are looking for a new role that offers opportunities for continued growth and professional development, this is the opportunity for you.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Trains, mentor, and oversees AP team as part of the AP function
- Ensure high volume of PO and NON-PO invoices are coded according to the GL and processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide support as needed for weekly disbursement schedule and ensure payments are issued in a timely manner
- Process weekly AP Run via CHK ACH WFT
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for all AP functions with the support of the AP Manager
- Work closely with vendors to resolve issues and reconcile statements
- Ensure Month End duties are completed accurately and timely
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the AP Manager and Controller
- Associates Accounting or Finance OR High school diploma with relevant experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory experience in general accounting or AP, manufacturing a plus
- Professional Demeanor & Positive attitude towards customers and co-workers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including professional telephone skills)
- Proven multi-tasking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical ability for problem solving.
- Capacity to work effectively both individually and with a team.
- Must be proactive and goal driven to meet deadlines.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency with automated accounting systems
- Must possess strong, accurate typing and math skills.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week and overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work in large ERP system - Epicor and JDE a plus
- Experience with AP Imaging and Workflow paperless environment a plus
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.