job summary: Mutual Fund Reconciliation - Associate Needed for Multinational Investment Banking and Financial Services Company, Baltimore
The Mutual Fund Reconciliation process includes balancing and reconciling all sub-accounted mutual funds and networked fund families. The associate's past mutual fund operations experience should include ACATS, Networking, Dividend Processing, Trading, Sub-accounting and Corporate actions.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- The associate responsible for the oversight process will be the subject matter expert and escalation point for all complex inquiries raised by the offshore team.
- It is necessary for the candidate to have an understanding of the mutual fund product and reconciliation of the various activities.
- Reconcile complex breaks that cannot be resolved by the offshore team
- Work through issues and escalations with the various fund families when discrepancies occur in transaction activity.
- Interact effectively with internal and external clients at all levels including senior management and IT associates.
- Effectively escalate issues, concerns and trends to management through written and verbal communication and reporting
- Reconcile a high volume of differences timely and accurately
- Review, analyze and process AWD inquiries submitted by the offshore team.
- Work with IT and other business units to coordinate system changes and new business
- Creation/supervision of appropriate metrics to manage the team's risk and business needs this includes the monitoring of daily production and capacity metrics for the offshore team.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies and implement automated solutions
- Problem solve and incorporate new processes to mitigate risk
It is necessary for the candidate to have an understanding of the mutual fund product and reconciliation of the various activities. 1-3 years Mutual Fund Operations/Reconciliation experience preferred Experience leading and implementing process changes Excellent written and verbal communication skills Advanced technical knowledge/experience with all Microsoft office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Power point, Visio). Must be able to effectively collaborate across multiple operational areas Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.