Senior Cost Accountant
Newly public unique high technology company is currently looking for a Senior Cost Accountant for their company. This position will support the Controller around full cost accounting and inventory accounting functions and further develop policies and procedures as they grow out the business. Position offers ample opportunities for advancement and a great work culture and environment. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of Cost Accounting and Inventory Accounting experience. Public company experience is a plus.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Senior Cost Accountant
The successful candidate will be under the direct supervision of the Controller. The Sr Cost Accountant will maintain a high level of analytical insight into R&D projects, manufacturing, operational expenses, product costing / pricing (unit economics) and product line profitability. The accountant will need to support customer and R&D related project cost and schedule performance. In addition, the accountant will need to work closely with the head of manufacturing to implement and maintain an ERP system consistent with the cost management capabilities of the organization.
* Implementation of manufacturing system
* Implementation of project accounting system
* Budgeting projects and target manufacturing costs
- Develops, implements and maintains a cost accounting system.
- Develops, implements and maintains a project accounting.
- Collect data to determine costs of business activity such as procurement, inventory and labor; analyzes data obtained and records results at the company GL and project level.
- Collects data, allocates costs and prepares reports on labor, assembly or other operating expenses ensuring established procedures are followed, including OH rates and factors.
- Oversee the cost system for accuracy, completeness, timeliness and quality.
- Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Prepare various month-end reports and assist with the month-end review.
- Perform closing duties such as cost allocation entries and inventory reconciliations.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs and unit economics.
- Identify leading indicators in support of analyzing actual manufacturing costs to estimated / budgeted production costs at the project and GL level.
- Analyze manufacturing variances ensuring that impacts to the general ledger are booked correctly at the project and GL level.
- Performs analysis and prepares special reports.
- Coordinates all physical inventory company-wide including customer and supplier locations
- Acts as liaison to auditors for all inventory and manufacturing concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Five to seven years of manufacturing and project cost accounting experience
- Experience with integrated ERP software, Inventory, Manufacturing
- Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with government contracts, DCAA, DMCA and FAR regulations preferred but not required
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Experience in month end close process adhering to established deadlines.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.
- Advanced knowledge of excel, Google Suite and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lead and mentor staff accountants
- Attention to detail & process oriented
- Excellent writing skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.