Under the direction and supervision of the VP / Controller, performs the various cost accounting and related functions associated with sales, cost of goods sold, variances, inventories, fixed assets, transit cost and revenue recognition, assist with month end (cost and inventory) general ledger close, all reports and other activities as assigned. This role will be responsible for supporting all cost accounting processes. The ideal candidate will support the inventory integrity process and the planning process regarding critical KPIs within the organization. This role will require cross functional teamwork with Operations, Sourcing and Commercial to provide weekly, monthly, yearly forecasts
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Performs the activities necessary to record cost accounting information generated by all the subsystems into the general ledger for the financial close month end reporting and reconciling all cost/inventory accounts.
- Works with Controller on budgeting, monthly forecasts and other planning activities, including dept. expenses budget detail and reporting.
- Surveys and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor, and overhead.
- Support ERP Transition
- Help drive improvement to overall business data integrity
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of BOM accuracy and cost roll ups
- Support & improve variance analysis - Labor/OH/Absorption
- Partner cross functionally with commercial and operations teams to improve inventory process
- Drive complexity reduction throughout the business
- Utilize financial data to target continuous improvement opportunities
- Drive Cycle Count and Physical Inventory processes and documentation
- Support transitioning from Actual to Standard Costing facility
- Minimum BS Accounting or equivalent
- Relevant Experience in Cost Accounting (manufacturing/assembly) - 3 years
- ERP System usage experience (Any Major ERP: SAP,IFS,JDE)
- Makes and keeps commitments
- Insists on succeeding together with integrity
- Understanding of manufacturing accounting, financial reporting, and internal control requirements of a public company
- Desire and ability to grow and progress within the role and the business, future development opportunities for the right candidate!
- Data driven
- Strategic thinker
- Commercial and operational savvy
- Exercises discipline and focus
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.