Manufacturer based just north of Fayetteville seeks a Plant Manager to oversee all manufacturing and warehouse operations.
location: Dunn, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day to day operations of plastics blow molding, filling and packaging activities in a fast-paced environment
- Provide consistent guidance, feedback and support to plant supervision to build the skill level of team members
- Monitor and manage all supply chain activity of inbound and outbound materials used in production activities using technologies such as JDE, SAP, or similar programs
- Manage the raw materials inventory ordering, tracking, and production work order process for all commodity and other materials used in the production process and in forecasting and scheduling in the facility
- Regularly review quality and performance data to determine root causes, process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Account for all finished product inventories and warehousing operations
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance activity for all aspects of the production, storage, and operating equipment
- Develop and maintain a proactive approach to minimizing equipment downtime through effective production scheduling and preventive maintenance programs
- Responsible for maintenance and security of building and equipment.
- Manage all facility production equipment
- Maintain a strong commitment to and implementation of quality environmental health and safety programs to ensure workplace safety and compliance with all regulatory standards
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Implement plant and other operating strategies that are in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- A minimum of five to seven years' experience in a manufacturing facility management position
- Working knowledge and strong experience of supply chain activities for manufacturing operations
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills that enable ability to collaborate, gain trust and influence throughout operating facility and with all company personnel
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Commitment to production scheduling flexibility to meet customer demands
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (chemistry preferred) or other related field required
- Process improvement methodology experience preferred; such as LEAN, TPM, 5S or Six Sigma
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and standards a plus
skills: Manufacturing Cost Acct, Operational Efficiency Improvement, Lean
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.