The Tax Accountant - Lead is responsible for the timely preparation and review of federal, international, foundation, state and local tax compliance.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Analyze and respond to tax notices for all tax types and jurisdictions
- Assist with gathering supporting documentation for federal income tax
- Accumulate, analyze and process financial accounting data in order to prepare analysis and assist during implementation
- Maintain accounting for the organization, including system balancing, period-end closings, general ledger maintenance and miscellaneous filings
- Perform tax research and prepare memos/documentation as requested
- Assist in preparing schedules for quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, including income tax payable and deferred tax account roll forwards
- Maintain and update tax corporate tax calendar and work with fixed asset group to maintain tax depreciation schedules
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 8 years' experience working with corporate income tax compliance and working with a mix of public accounting and a publicly traded company
- CPA Certification
- Proficiency in Excel and business tax software is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills as well as planning and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-disciplined and to be reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work in a fasted paced environment and adapt to change
skills: Corporate Tax, Federal Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.