Fueled by the 5G future, the New Business Incubation (NBI) team is anchored in the Corporate Strategy organization and provides a focused effort to generate new business concepts built upon the strength of the best-in-class network, broad customer base and massive capabilities. Incubating these ideas from new to big portfolio entities, the NBI team is made up of passionate innovators that manage strategy, full stack team execution (business development & partnerships, business operations, product, engineering, sales, marketing, etc) and P&L responsibilities. Today, the NBI portfolio spans location technology, drone and aviation services, immersive experiences and other nascent technologies that will accompany our future.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The Program Manager will manage key projects and programs within New Business Incubation (NBI). Project/Program management responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of the project, including managing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, communicating issues/risk and reporting project status.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate management techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
You'll need to have:
- Six or more years of project management work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or at least four years work experience
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Experience with Microsoft Power Point, Jira and Agile Craft
- Hands on project management approach with a proven track record of full project execution with a focus on integration, business solution and M&A activities
Even better if you have:
- Masters/MBA preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or SAFe certification is a plus
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and execute competing tasks and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently
- Champions and influences the use of established processes, methodologies & tools.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Experience with Google Sheets, Slides and google drive, Google calendar and Google Mail
- High level of analytical, planning and organizational ability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.