A world renowned brand is looking for a Cost Engineer to join their team on a long term contract! If you think you have what it takes to contribute and are looking to join a fun and fast paced team, please apply!
location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY:
Co-pilot within the Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects) on a day to day basis. Provide financial leadership by supplying plant and corporate management accurate and timely financial data, as well as analysis and recommended actions to identify and correct inefficient operations resulting in lower operating costs. Ensure sound costing in adherence to financial legal requirements. Ensure compliance of factories with company regulations and best practices through leading the compliance network in the factory.
. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings. Use skills and tools to improve processes and results.
- Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed. Work with team members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards.
- Compile reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and develop dynamic forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitoring of progress to close gaps, ensuring financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed.
- Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed.Work with members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards.
- Work with factory compliance network and technical group compliance network to roll out best practices to team in area of Compliance. Conduct internal audits to assess audit readiness. Track compliance on open audit follow ups and ensure closure. Work with other factories to roll out periodic peer audits and focus on corporate audit trend results.
- Knowledge of engineering-related disciplines
- Must have advanced experience in using Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to collaborate with and effectively influence cross-functional teams in the U.S. and globally.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, assembly methods and cost analysis (PTS/SMV).
- Ability to create 'Should Cost' analysis for new product concepts upon receipt of design and engineering specifications.
- Ability to scrutinize manufacturing vendor quotations to assess accuracy and identify all product cost savings opportunities.
- Ability to interpret quality, safety and reliability standards to meet requirements.
- Experience working for a manufacturing/CPG company
- Ability to successfully communicate and/or translate technical information.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Basic Knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks) to analyze product designs for preparing cost estimates
- B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or B.S. in Accounting (with manufacturing)
Required Years of Experience
- 3-5 years of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering experience required
- Soft goods or apparel experience a plus
skills: Cost Accounting, $2 billion+, Job Costing, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.