job summary: Now Hiring: Vendor Partner Project Manager
Are you ready for a life-changing opportunity? Are you ready to learn and work with a Top Fortune 500 company? Then embrace this rewarding opportunity NOW!
Apply today because openings are limited!! Overview
Supporting a team to manage a diverse group of service vendors to operationalize and deliver a great guest experience online, in store, and in their home. Acting as a hub between Sr. Manager Services and vendor partners, you will lead the execution of initiatives to complete processes and projects to hit deadlines. You will lead the onboarding process from vendor and item setup as well as being a key partner as we negotiate agreements and contracts. You will support the Sr. Managers with input of item inaccuracy, promo set up, vendor maintenance and vendor income collection, and generate reports to analyze weekly and monthly category metric. Aligning with cross-functional partners, you will manage communication with vendors to ensure a great guest experience, including facilitating management of guest escalations, while identifying opportunities to maximize sales and profit. You will own developing and provide insight on service, vendor, and other business performance metrics that will have direct impact on financial and operational direction setting.
Internally, you will interact with Sr. Manager Services, Services Operations Lead, Store Operations, Marketing, Digital, Vendor Risk Management, Item Center of Excellence, Indirect Procurement/Business Parntership & Negofications, Legal, Pricing and Promotion Center of Excellence, Supply Chain. You will aide in developing best methods and process improvements while taking advanced roles and responsibilities, including special projects as assigned. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- Humble, curious, roll-up-your sleeves self-starter and jack of all trades with the ability to imagine boldly, communicate effectively, think critically, get scrappy, be entrepreneurial and navigate ambiguity
- Develop & operationalize processes and tools to integrate into cross functional work enabling the team to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to proactively develop plans, think ahead, communicate with teams, and hit deadlines or identify needed resources ahead of time
- Motivate and manage internal CFT partners against stated goals; leading teams through ambiguity where no path exists
- Lead key set up work including Vendor Set Up; Vendor Risk Management; IMN prompt; ICT and APEX assortment, Store locator updates; Dark stores; VMM and POL; Promo and pricing changes
- Ongoing vendor business relationship management including weekly vendor calls, vendor performance metric compliance, and vendor income collection
- Drive and represent services interests with marketing, store operations, site merchandising teams, stores learning & development
- MySupport concerns (guest escalations, ISM questions, service questions, application questions)
- Point person for key partners including store and internal inquiries and escalations; Assets protection and HR; Guest Relations; Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely processing
- Manage and oversee regulatory duties
- Stay current on the external and competitive landscape, guest sentiment and mindset, industry and services trends to drive evolution of future guest experience.
- Special projects and tasks as business needs occur
- Experience with various merchandising/vendor systems, processes, and partners
- Ability to work independently and efficiently supporting multiple stakeholders
- Think strategically with an ability to manage/execute competition priorities
- Strong ability to deal with white space and ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Flexible, resilient and comfortable working in "grey areas" that are constantly changing
- Strong collaboration skills to build long-term partnership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to read people and connect to multiple audiences
- Ability to manage an internal CFT to align and motivate resources
- Comfortable taking risks, working through change and supporting creativity
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision making and organization skills
- Ability to plan and keep people on track to achieve rigorous goals Background:
- 1+ years of Merchandising, Item, Inventory Management, or Vendor Management related
- Demonstrated success working closely with multiple roundtable stakeholders
- Proven ability to navigate and influence internal and external networks;
- Humility, learners mind, appetite for ambiguity Location:
Minneapolis, MN If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply below.
Amanda Nordmann firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Project Management, Vendor Relations, Inventory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.