Randstad Professionals is looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable/Collections professional to join one of our client's Accounting team. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, organization and the right candidate must be very detail oriented. The ideal candidate will be responsible for collection of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, including resolving customer billing problems, reducing accounts receivable delinquency, managing account portfolios, and any other duties assigned by management.
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps thousands of professionals start and grow their career each year.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5,8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Regularly review open A/R accounts for collection and make outbound collection calls.
- Generate and review A/R aging reports to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a good follow-up system to ensure promises to pay are met
- Determine if a collection letter needs to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Approve or decline charges on accounts when past due or over credit limit
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions
- Prepare daily bank deposits for courier
- Take ownership of researching and resolving payment discrepancies from start to finish.
- Respond to inquiries and fulfill customer requests for copies of invoices, proof of delivery
- Assist others within the Accounting Department and other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience in collections and accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting records
- Strong and reliable data entry skills
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. Click Apply to submit your resume today
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Excel, Credit Collections, Credit & Collections, AR, Commercial Collections, Consumer Collections, Invoices, Collection Bureau
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.