job summary: Senior Tax Analyst - Sales & Property Tax
Our client based out of Shoreview, Minnesota is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst - Sales & Property Tax.
This role prepares and files U.S. and foreign sales and use tax returns, assists with tax audits, reviews product taxability and monitors legislative updates. Additionally, reviews purchases for proper sales & use tax treatment and assists in filing annual personal property tax renditions.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Additional Responsibilities include the following:
- Gathers tax data from billing and accounting records to prepare and file U.S. and foreign (Canada & Puerto Rico) sales and tax returns.
- Prepares use tax calculations for promotional materials.
- Responds in writing to notices from taxing jurisdictions.
- Reviews invoice level back-up for purchasing card and capital asset transactions to verify proper sales/use treatment.
- Accrues and remits necessary use tax or seeks refunds of tax paid in error in accordance with company policy and state tax law.
- Conduct and/or supervise tax research and planning related to business activities and identified tax risks.
- Work closely with business to understand new product initiatives and advise on the applicability of sales tax laws.
- When necessary, select and manage external consultants to conduct research and planning activities.
- Monitor legislative, administrative and judicial developments across the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada and ascertain how proposed and enacted changes will affect the company.
- Gathers and analyzes documentation as necessary for sales, use and property tax audits.
- Responds to requests from state or local auditors.
- Accurately presents facts and defends company's filing positions.
- Seeks to minimize tax assessments and explores refund opportunities.
qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting, and 2 years of related experience, or high school diploma/GED and 6 years of related experience in accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Multi-state experience.
If you wish to apply, please email your resume and a short summary of your qualifications directly to: email@example.com
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business, and 4 years of related experience in indirect tax.
- 4+ years of direct experience in multi-state sales tax collections and reporting.
- 4+ years of basic accounting experience required.
- Strong attention to detail, well developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with customers and team members.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Vertex Returns and SAP experience.
skills: Sales & Use Tax, tax audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.