job summary: Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance staffing. We have an immediate project-to-possible hire opportunity for a Sr. AP Specialist for a well-established Central Phoenix based company. Location:
Phoenix, AZ (central Phoenix) **This position will start remote so you must have access to a computer and reliable internet service. At some point, this position will return to the traditional office environment.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
The Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist will be to be to go-to person when the Accounting Manager has questions or needs answers with regard to Payables. This person must be able to "own" the responsibility of paying vendors on time and researching issues. Someone who can be proactive in detecting if invoices haven't been processed that they would reach out to the vendors. Someone who can follow urgent invoices through approval to payment.
- This is a hands on high volume, full-cycle AP processing
- processing invoices for payment, matching POs, check runs and EFT processing, reconciling vendor statements.
- AP audit
- Take accountability for entire process from receipt of work to resolution and closure
- Tasks require coordination of information among various accounting areas and internal customers
- May use multiple online systems
- Researching, resolving and clearing moderately complex accounting entries, exceptions, errors, transactions and posting to general ledgers and other accounting records
- Compiling data for and preparing reports, statements and/or audits for internal customers
- May have direct/indirect responsibility or supporting, advising, and resolving disputes for customers, clients /vendors
- Verifying accuracy of data/input records
qualifications: Must haves:
- Minimum of three (3) years' of recent experience in high volume Accounts Payable
- Excel - advanced skills including pivot tables and the ability to do VLookup's
- Candidates must be comfortable with a fast paced high volume environment
- Great Plains software is highly preferred. Must have ERP experience
- Adobe Pro experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excel (ability to use intermediate functions)
Once we know you are interested, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills for this position and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly!
Please send resume directly to: Julie.Slade@Randstadusa.com 602-977-1114
skills: Great Plains, A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.