Are you a Grant Writer seeking a new position that offers growth, competitive salary and benefits? A New Haven Non-profit has an immediate need for a Grant Writer. The Grant Writer will be responsible for the preparation, writing and timely submission of grant proposals. Prior experience with grant writing for healthcare organizations is strongly preferred.
location: New Haven, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Write, edit and submit all grant applications and Change in Scope applications for new and existing programs.
- Complete all applications with appropriate attachments, for the leadership to review.
- Maintain contact with grant-making organizations during their review of submitted applications, to be able to provide additional information when necessary.
- Utilize electronic submission systems (HRSA Electronic Handbook (EHB), Grants.gov, GrantSolutions, eRA Commons) to apply for grants and submit reports.
- Submit grant reports for internal review.
- Update Needs Assessment yearly for internal and external purposes.
- Prepare reports for Sr. Leadership.
- BS degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of grant writing experience.
- Expert understanding of the grant writing process.
- Superior writing and proof reading skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Grants.gov and electronic grant application and report submission tools such as the Electronic Handbook (EHB); experience in the healthcare environment is preferred.
skills: Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.