job summary: A Fortune 50 Financial Services Company is seeking a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their team in Irving, TX!
The Consumer Loan Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting routine individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $17.00 - 17.75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting routine individual consumer requests and products with few deviations and within company and industry guidelines.
- Dependent on division, functions may include reviewing credit applications, credit bureau information, collateral valuation, tax returns, financial statements, and or other supporting documentation to recommend/approve requests within decisioning authority levels by way of automated scoring system or traditional underwriting;
- Assisting with the calculations and preparation of reports for review;
- Responding to customer inquiries and credit decisions;
- Ensuring credit files are current, complete, and compliant with company standards;
- Contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, and explain rationale behind credit decisions.
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, processing, originations, or closing;
- AA/AS degree or higher; or 2+ years of military experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
For immediate consideration, please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.