Collaborating with a large national pharmaceutical solutions company to identify multiple experienced Reimbursement Specialists to help support a 10 week project, this will be a remote position responsible for performing specific reimbursement functions associated with completing medical and/or pharmacy benefit authorizations.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and reviews all patient insurance benefit information from the payer, to the degree authorized by the SOP of the program.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all internal team members; resolves any requests in a timely and accurate manner; escalates issues accordingly.
- Maintains frequent phone contact with assigned payers.
- Reports any reimbursement trends/delays to supervisor.
- Communicates effectively to payers to ensure accurate and timely benefit investigations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School, Diploma, or GED required
- Previous 2+ years of experience in a service-oriented position preferably in medical reimbursement or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with ICD9, ICD10 coding
- Global understanding of commercial and government payers preferred.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
skills: Customer Service, Medical Terminology, Medical Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.