Randstad Professionals, Nashville's premier accounting and finance recruitment team is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager for one of the nation's leading accounting and professional consulting firms. For immediate consideration, please apply here or contact Rachel at email@example.com.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The successful candidate will work directly with the tax staff accountants, managers and partners of the firm's Real Estate Services Group. The successful candidate will use his or her foundation in pass-through accounting and taxation, along with specialized skills related to tax compliance and consulting regulations. In addition to general tax expertise, specific focus on issues for tax credit incentive properties, including low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, New Markets and Renewable Energy credits, is desired but not necessary. Tax Partners and Managers must provide outstanding consulting, compliance and project management services to our real estate clients. Tax Partners and Managers must be aware of the professionalism necessary for not only effectively and efficiently addressing client needs but also with working with others and on teams.
The Real Estate Group is a nationally recognized leader in providing specialized audit, tax and consulting services across the country in the affordable housing, low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, New Markets and Renewable Energy credit segments.
- Plan, supervise, review and complete real estate tax work/tax returns for multiple clients in accordance with Client Service Standards.
- Utilize his or her extensive foundation of knowledge related to tax credit real estate properties including tax compliance and consulting.
- Participate in and/or create practice development opportunities
- Identify process and performance improvement opportunities.
- Assume responsibilities for project management of various client groups, including regular communication with clients and contacts related to tax compliance and consulting.
- Research current tax compliance and consulting issues.
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Preferred Experience/Background/Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree, CPA or other related certification (required).
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment.
- A minimum of 6 years of pass-through taxation and compliance experience, including supervision and review experience. Prior experience with pass-through entity tax credits (LIHTC, HTC, NMTC) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical and leadership ability.
- Ability to work on a team and develop other individuals
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and deadlines, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm.
- The typical office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Between January 1 st and April 15 th , hours are more intensive given tax season.
- Ability to work extra hours as determined by the workload and client expectations.
- Travel for this position will be most dependent upon office location. Travel may range from minimal to monthly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout office.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30-50 pounds.
- Ability to speak English to communicate with clients, team members, etc.
For immediate consideration, please apply here or contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ?6 years: A minimum of 6 years of pass-through taxation and compliance experience, including supervision and review experience. Prior experience with pass-through entity tax credits (LIHTC, HTC, NMTC) is preferred but not required.
skills: Excel, CPA, Tax Compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.